Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Auntie Heather And The Minion Horde

I first met Auntie in the form of her book Eighth Grade Bites.  The paragraph at the back of the book made me curious about her.  I love books, and I love people who make them.  So, after I read Eighth Grade Bites, I went online and found her blog.  I love what Auntie Heather writes so much more after the entire Vlad series, following the blog, and starting into the Slayer Chronicles and Legacy of Tril.  She also has some pretty great writing tips.  I think somewhere along the line, I forgot my favorite of her writing tips: butt + chair = writing.

I am a minion.  A minion is someone who has read Auntie Heather's books and likes them.  Collectively, we are known as the Minion Horde.  It's fantastic, really.

I met her in person once!  She was talking about herself and her books at a bookstore in the city.  It was awesome, and I got my books signed.  I was pretty stoked to meet her, because she's someone I look up to.  I also tied for first place in her haiku contest which was amazing (though I never actually received said prize, but that's okay, because being chosen out of almost 400 people is awesome).

I know Auntie Heather better now-- or rather, I have a more accurate sense of who she is (saying I know her better when I've only met her once in person may make me sound like kind of a creeper).  She has a fantastic blog, her facebook posts are entertaining, and recently she's started a vlog.  I love these vlogs.  The vlogs are kind of long, and the picture quality isn't amazing, but I love them because it's just Auntie Heather and the Minion Horde having fun and talking with one another.

Become a minion.  Join the Horde. 

Butt + chair = writing.

~Crimson

No comments:

Post a Comment