Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ooh, It's EXCITING!

Item Numero Uno:  I wrote today.  I've been lazy, afflicted by this 'writer's block' (a disease I refuse to believe in), and completely unmotivated.  But really, I have way too much time on my hands, so I wrote today.  Over 1,500 words.  I deserve applause.

Not really.  I actually deserve to be smacked upside the head, but that's a little more unpleasant.  HOWEVER!  What's really exciting is the motivation I've been finding!  I have found three things that have motivated me to write:

1. Past Nanowrimo pep talks (and if you don't know what Nanowrimo is, look it up.  Look it up NOW).

2. Nanowrimo songs (yes, I know it's not Nanowrimo, but it should be writing month for me every month).

3. The blog of Miss Snark's First Victim.  I missed their critique day, but I've had a lot of fun reading the entries and comments of entries and I've really enjoyed it.  I think just from reading the critiques I've gotten better at writing.  No, seriously.  I'm a bit disappointed about the quality of my writing now, but that's important!  That is good!  Because it means that I'm improving my craft.

Don't be afraid of getting better.  Be afraid of staying the same.

~Crimson

No comments:

Post a Comment