Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stay On the Sunny Side

Today's been pretty much the first sunny, slightly warm day since winter began!  Ack, it's just so pretty that my heart skips a beat.  Summer is not far away, my friends!

8D

Last Monday was a holiday, so of course it meant working a 10 hour shift at Savers.  But good news!  I've just been hired on at Zupas, a sandwich/panini (I dare you to spell that right without looking it up), soup, and salad place.  It was really shocking because the girl interviewing me didn't know she had an interview with me, and I thought that the person who contacted me (who works at another store) was supposed to be the interviewer.  But the girl did the interview anyways, and it turns out she likes me, and we both play volleyball (I totally want to play in an outdoor tournament with her this summer), and so she hired me on!  I have a feeling working there is going to be really demanding but fun.

Also, the volunteer coordinator at the zoo told me I can finish up my animal handling training in April, no problem.  So I won't have to restart from the beginning like I was afraid I might have to!  I look forward to working with these beautiful animals and the animal-nerd-o people like myself~.

I can hardly wait for summer to come!

-Crimson

Writing-related: I got a new story idea, wrote the first chapter, and I'm super super excited for it.  Now, how to once again make time to write...?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job and the training! I might have to drop by Zupas one of these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panini. I eat paninis every day K-chan! They are the best things IN THE WORLD. That's exciting to start a new job! Are you going to keep the job at savers, or move on? And it's totally going to just dump snow everywhere one of these days. Probably in April, and then everyone will complain :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's sunny for St. Patrick's Day, I'm fine!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely quitting Savers. So happy to be done working with clothing! And it better not snow in April, or I'm gonna be mad.

    ReplyDelete