Monday, July 30, 2012

Confessions of a Frustrated Writer

        Writer websites... sounds like a good idea, right?  Wrong, apparently.  I've tried two different websites thus far, and I am very disappointed with the both of them.  The two are figment.com and bookrix.com.  Figment, I have been disappointed with because its contests are all based on popularity.  Hello?!  Is this high school?  Only the ten entries with the most hearts are judged.  Pathetic.
         Bookrix looked more promising.  Better contests, actual publication.  Wrong again, Crimson.  I've just spent the last hour trying to put my story on their stupid contest.  I published it okay, but try submitting it into the contest?  Impossible.  I went to their 'Help' section, but to no avail.  They didn't address my problem anywhere.
         Am I doomed to never enter any writing contests while still a minor?  To forever be denied the chance to grow?  I don't mean to be so melodramatic, but I am frustrated and angry and a bunch of other negative emotions.  ARGH!  WHY do they do this to me?!  If anyone out there knows of any GOOD websites, I am all ears.
~CrimsonRuin

No comments:

Post a Comment